It is important to see a variety of child care centres and homes to understand the differences that exist between the two types of care and from one facility to another. Visit a child care centre or home, and consider the following questions.
1. Is the child care centre or home clean and safe?
2. Do the children appear to be happy and enthusiastic in what they are doing?
4. Is a child day care licence clearly posted?
5. Do they have a plan of activities for the children?
6. What do they do when children misbehave?
7. What experience do the staff or family child care provider have?
8. What educational training have the providers completed?
9. For how many children is one person responsible at any time during the day?